More often than not I stare into my Lincolns big blue eyes wishing for at least 20 more kids just like him. Being a mom has come so naturally, it almost feels like at any moment the bomb is going to drop on my fantasy life. Yet day in and day out I realize this is my reality. How can you not believe in something bigger looking at the life your love created.
Lincoln is truly a shining light in this darkening world, and being around him gives me a hope that almost feels tangible. As I watch the way he loves and trusts me without any type of reservations I wonder how to create the same trust in my own life. The love in his beautiful eyes is purer than anything I've ever experienced. He hasn't been jaded by the world, or been caught up in the bumps of being human. The innocence is refreshing and reminds my soul of its longing for something more than this life.
I'm grateful that the innocence within him feels familiar, and when I slow down the world around me and focus on his spirit; heaven is right in my arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment