Kenneth left to go pick up our bombay house take out, and I sat cuddled on the couch waiting for his return. I was laughing to myself at how different this new years beginning has already been compared to the last two. 2013 was welcomed in London, and 2012 we were on the beach in Puerto Rico. Both were unforgettable, and yet somehow this one felt like I struck gold differently. The previous hour had been spent trying to take videos of my stomach while it moved from our little mans squirming.
As I sat in my twinkled living room it felt magical to reflect on this past year, and all that Kenneth and I have experienced together. We have literally seen the world together, and because of it our priorities have changed our goals have changed, and what we want for our future has been shifted.
I reflected on how I've changed this year personally. I feel so incredibly grateful for who I've worked to become this year while working at House of Hope. I'm grateful for the way my mind has been challenged, opened, shifted, and changed from the lives of those beautiful women I get to spend my days with. I'm grateful for the continual self awareness of my weaknesses and acceptance of my faults. I've learned to first look at myself and what I can do to change. Because any type of growth always begins within me.
I thought about the promptings that started coming at the beginning of 2013 for Kenneth and I to start our family, and the spiritual journey we experienced throughout the months leading to his beginning. This start to parenthood has taught me a glimpse of Gods love for his children. His words of direction concerning our little man have been clearer than any I've ever experienced. I pray nightly that they will continue to be that way. Heaven knows I need his help to teach and love this child in an ever changing world.
By the time Kenneth was home I was practically in tears. We spent the rest of the night talking (minus me throwing up EVERYTHING) about our goals, dreams, and the changes that loom before us in 2014.
I tell you what, there is NO ONE I'd rather stand beside in life. To say I'm grateful for my other half is the understatement of the year, but I'm grateful to say the least. I feel such peace and confidence starting a family beside this man. I know that he will only continue to make me a better person as well as a better mother.
So, as I sat wrapped in kenneth's arms on the capitol steps looking out at my favorite place on earth completely lit in fireworks; we welcomed in 2014 with all of its beautiful changes.
We will never be the same, and my goodness I couldn't be more excited for the change this little miracle of our love with bring.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
(yes my new year goal is back to blogging after my almost year hiatus)
No comments:
Post a Comment